Force Fed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beta Testing Upcoming Stress Test

Go down

Beta Testing Upcoming Stress Test Empty Beta Testing Upcoming Stress Test

Post by Notx Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Looks like everyone that signed up for an invite before 11.11.11 got one already (rather, received notification that they will be included) as per here. I, for one, am super excited. The reason is quite different that the typical "I'm in beta, so I'm part of an elite group of folks 'in the know', so I'm cooler than you", because they've invited everyone. What I'm actually excited about is the sneak peak into the game that we'll all get, and WITH a whole bunch of people. See, to me, an MMO isn't the same without the 'MM' part of it. Given that this is a stress test, there will be tons of people running around kinda like launch day. This will give us a good idea of what to expect as far as how population density will effect us at launch. But I'm excited to be doing this with a ton of people, rather than a small group.

Two, as mentioned on our TOR blog, this version we'll be testing will have to be a pretty complete version. We'll see what the game will actually be like, as in behaving properly sans bugs and glitches, because we are just over a month from launch. Honestly, I doubt they've even got time to make any changes at this point because they've still got to burn discs and package them for retail. That has to be done soon. So what we'll experience will likely be the finished product, though I wouldn't be surprised if they had some features, flashpoints, operations, etc disabled.. Maybe even a level cap and limited zones. Like they said, the intention is to stress test the servers, which is better done with a whole bunch of people in a small area.

What do you guys think? What are you excited about? What do you want to see and what are you looking for most? What are your reservations? Does anything about a mass stress test make you uneasy, and if so, why? Sound off below and let us know what you think! Wink
Notx
Notx
The Force

Back to top Go down